Hadoop >> mail # user >> copyFromLocal: File does not exist.

+
Bai Shen 2012-10-09, 18:40
Re: copyFromLocal: File does not exist.
probably user hdfs does not have access to /root on your local file system.

I would copy the file to /tmp and give it appropriate permissions and then try again.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On Oct 9, 2012, at 11:40 AM, Bai Shen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a CDH3 cluster up and running.  I'm on the namenode and trying to
> copy a file into HDFS.  However, whenever I run copyFromLocal, I get a file
> does not exist error.
>
> [root@node1-0 ~]# sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -copyFromLocal /root/url.txt /
> copyFromLocal: File /root/url.txt does not exist.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  url.txt exists in /root on the local filesystem.
>
> Thanks.

+
Bai Shen 2012-10-09, 19:02
+