HBase >> mail # user >> Why ScannerTimeoutException is not handled in TableInputFormat?

Why ScannerTimeoutException is not handled in TableInputFormat?
Hi all,

patch to HBASE-4269 removed handling of ScannerTimeoutException from
TableRecordReader. Is there a reason for this? We are now seeing a lot
of ScannerTimeoutExceptions in our jobs, which were previously handled.
The problem is caused by ScannerTimeoutException being derived from
DoNotRetryIOException (why's that?). Would it be safe to just derive
this exception from IOException? And if not, should the
TableRecordReader explictly handle this exception? The same problem may
arise with LeaseException, which is also derived from
DoNotRetryIOException. Both of these exception may have the same cause
and in my understanding can be handled in the RecordReader without any
harm. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for answer,
  Jan