Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop branch-1.1 and Release Plan for Hadoop-1.1.0

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop branch-1.1 and Release Plan for Hadoop-1.1.0
Matt Foley 2012-07-06, 21:24
Hi Cos,
the query string didn't come thru on the link you sent, but the jira query
I use is:
    project in (HADOOP,HDFS,MAPREDUCE) and (("Target Version/s" = '1.1.0'
and (fixVersion != '1.1.0' or fixVersion is EMPTY)) or (fixVersion '1.1.0' and "Target Version/s" is EMPTY)) and (status != Closed and status
!= Resolved) ORDER BY KEY

You're correct that there are quite a few, currently 107, open jiras
originally targeted for 1.1.0 that do not have committed fixes.  Many of
these are just the inherited backlog of previously identified work.  I need
to move them to "Target Version/s" = 1.1.1.

Folks have requested that the following currently open jiras be included in
1.1.0:

HADOOP-8417 - HADOOP-6963 didn't update hadoop-core-pom-template.xml
HADOOP-8445 - Token should not print the password in toString
HDFS-96 - HDFS does not support blocks greater than 2GB
HDFS-3596 - Improve FSEditLog pre-allocation in branch-1
MAPREDUCE-2903 - Map Tasks graph is throwing XML Parse error when Job is
executed with 0 maps
MAPREDUCE-2129 - Job may hang if
mapreduce.job.committer.setup.cleanup.needed=false and
mapreduce.map/reduce.failures.maxpercent>0
---
MAPREDUCE-4049 - plugin for generic shuffle service
HADOOP-7823 - port HADOOP-4012 to branch-1 (splitting support for bzip2)

The first six are simple patches that I am comfortable including.
The last two are complex patches that have not yet been committed.
I am planning to defer those two to 1.1.1.

Beyond that, I'm going to cut 1.1.0-rc0 from the current state of
branch-1.1.
I'm planning to do that this weekend.  This is obviously delayed from the
previous plan, for which I apologize.

Comments welcome.
--Matt