HDFS >> mail # user >> Lots of Different Kind of Datanode Errors

+
jeff whiting 2010-06-04, 15:56
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-06-04, 16:01
+
Jeff Whiting 2010-06-04, 16:37
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-06-04, 19:03
+
Alex Kozlov 2010-06-04, 19:18
Re: Lots of Different Kind of Datanode Errors

On Jun 4, 2010, at 12:03 PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> That seems like a reasonable config, but the error message you pasted indicated xceivers was set to 2048 instead of 4096.
>
> Also, in my experience SocketTimeoutExceptions are usually due to swapping. Verify that your machines aren't swapping when you're under load.

Or doing any other heavy disk IO.
+
Jeff Whiting 2010-06-07, 17:02
+