HBase >> mail # dev >> Getting unit tests to pass

+
Stack 2013-07-22, 18:49
+
Stack 2013-07-23, 04:13
+
Stack 2013-07-23, 04:50
+
Stack 2013-07-23, 05:01
+
Lars Francke 2013-07-23, 06:54
+
Stack 2013-07-23, 15:04
Re: Getting unit tests to pass
Update:

Look at these beautiful columns of trunk and 0.95 blue and green dots:

+ Andrew's ec2 build: http://54.241.6.143/ (click on the 0.95 and trunk
builds)
+ Apache: https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/ (ditto)

Thanks all who helped get test passing over the hump (Jimmy, Matteo,
Jeffrey, JD, etc.).

There are still a few flakies and it looks like DistributedLogSplitting can
go 'invisible' on occasion but their time is nigh!

>From here on out, lets keep the dots blue or green.  A failed test though
it may seem unrelated probably is related somehow so I'd suggest paying
closer attention to fails from here on out (sign up for the builds mailing
list if you have not already).

I'd also suggest that we tend away from big fat integration-type unit
tests.  Apache infrastructure is overloaded and it a PITA setting timeouts
and retries so tests will pass in this "hostile" setting.  Consider making
an hbase-it contrib. instead.  These are run w/ less regularity but are
approaching quotidian hopefully on a test rig near you.

Yours,
St.Ack

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-01, 20:14