MapReduce, mail # user - How are 'PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES' and 'VIRTUAL_MEMORY_BYTES' calculated?

Re: How are 'PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES' and 'VIRTUAL_MEMORY_BYTES' calculated?
Shahab Yunus 2013-07-12, 13:47
I think they are cumulative but per task.

Physical memory bytes
(PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES)
The physical memory being used by a task in bytes, as reported by
/proc/meminfo.
Virtual memory bytes
(VIRTUAL_MEMORY_BYTES)
The virtual memory being used by a task in bytes, as reported by
/proc/meminfo.

This is from the Definitive Guide book. Page 260.

Regards,
Shhab