Flume, mail # user - Downsides of not using any sink groups

Re: Downsides of not using any sink groups
Pankaj Gupta 2013-08-23, 07:46
In my case the sinks are pointing to a group of machines so one of these
may go down leaving others running. Without sink groups in this case there
will not be no backoff but seems that it would still continue to send data
correctly albeit less efficiently as the failing sinks will keep retrying.
This would be good enough for my use case, i.e. reduced performance but
correct execution until we get a chance to fix the issue.

Thanks a lot for the input.