HBase, mail # user - HBase type support

Re: HBase type support
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:06
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Michel Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> You do realize that having to worry about one type is easier...

For HBase developers, that's true. The side-effect is that those worries
are pushed out into users' applications. Think of the application developer
who's accustomed to all the accoutrements provided by the Management System
part of an RDBMS. They pick up HBase and have none of that. I think the
motivations outlined in the attached document make a good case for bringing
some of that burden out of users' applications.

A bit more freedom...

Support for raw byte[] doesn't go away. In this proposal, bytes remain the
core plumbing of the system.

-n