HBase >> mail # dev >> [0.92.2] Consistent error : Is a split parent in META, in HDFS, and not deployed

+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-08-29, 16:36
+
Ted Yu 2012-08-29, 16:41
Re: [0.92.2] Consistent error : Is a split parent in META, in HDFS, and not deployed
Ted,
Most likely Yes.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing your experience, Shrijeet.
>
> Was the region cited below involved in your previous merging activity ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Shrijeet Paliwal
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > I did an upgrade to HBase 0.92.2 recently. It ran fine for couple of
> days,
> > then I did online merge of regions. This got into a bit of inconsistent
> > state. To fix it the corruption I ran hbck and managed to get into
> > a situation described in
> >

> http://search-hadoop.com/m/sm2APK8FMo1&subj=Re+Wondering+what+hbck+should+do+in+this+situation
> > .
> > After a bit of manual tinkering I got issues resolved.
> >
> > But since then I see hbck reporting following errors (for different
> regions
> > at different times, not always the same region) consistently:
> >
> > ERROR: Region { meta =>
> >
> table,c638103773063741088,1346207285319.d8051f85ab65b2e680ba5ebd383eaa08.,
> > hdfs => hdfs://
> >
> master-hadoop.example.net:8020/hbase/table/d8051f85ab65b2e680ba5ebd383eaa08
> > <
> >
> http://master-hadoop.ine-arp.rfiserve.net:8020/hbase/ine-arp/userprofile/d8051f85ab65b2e680ba5ebd383eaa08
> > >,
> > deployed =>  } is a split parent in META, in HDFS, and not deployed on
> any
> > region server. This could be transient.
> >
> > It does get back to 'Status: OK' state, but keeps flip flopping.
> >
> > Any experiences?
> >
> > -Shrijeet

+
Ted Yu 2012-08-29, 17:24