Avro >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Avro TLP?

RE: [DISCUSS] Avro TLP?
> From: Doug Cutting [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> I'd like to start a discussion about promoting Avro from a Hadoop
> sub-project to a top-level Apache project (TLP).

I support the idea. It gives us some independence. I remember, for example,
we had TestNG as unit test environment for Java but moved back to JUnit only
because Hadoop will always stay with JUnit. (I'm not proposing we move to
TestNG or anything. I just gave an example).

Thiru