HBase, mail # dev - ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43
A week or so I added dev-support/build-proto.sh, a little script to
build protobuf stuff.

I've been modifying protobuf a bit recently -- when you update run the
script, protoc seems to generate exactly the same content unless you
change proto source files.

I think the argument for not having this run by default in the build
is having it would require protoc installed on your machine to even
build HBase.  This also assumes all versions of protoc continues to
generate the same code from different version (thrift's compiler was
really annoying because every version generated code with a different
api in every version).

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)