Pig >> mail # dev >> Can we commit PIG-3015 (Rewrite of AvroStorage) to trunk?

Can we commit PIG-3015 (Rewrite of AvroStorage) to trunk?
Hello,

Thanks to Joseph Adler's contribution, we have a new AvroStorage ready.

Although there are additional requests that we would like to address, I
think we can implement them incrementally after we commit the current
patches. As of now,
- The core features are fully implemented.
- All the unit tests are passing with both Hadoop 1.x and 2.x.
- The documentation is added:
http://people.apache.org/~cheolsoo/site/func.html#AvroStorage

Since I modified the patches several times, I cannot give +1 by myself. So
I am wondering if another committer can review it. The latest patches are
as follows:
- PIG-3015-11.patch
- PIG-3015-doc-2.patch

In fact, Dmitriy asked in the jira whether or not we should add AvroStorage
to the core Pig. Although I prefer to add it to the core Pig, I am open to
discussion.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo