HBase >> mail # user >> Indexing Hbase Data

Re: Indexing Hbase Data
Hello Jean,

           Actually it's to read the values faster. The problem goes like
this :

I have a table that has just 2 columns : 1- Stores some clause.
                                                         2- Stores all
possible aliases for the original clause.

These clauses are again 'column names' for another table.

Now, a user can insert a value using any of the aliases or using
the original name of a clause. If he/she gives the actual name I can put
the value there directly into the main table which holds the data. And, if
the user gives an alias instead of the actual clause name, I have to get
the actual clause name first name from this table and then put the data
into the main table.

So, this table basically holds only the mappings. But the actual data has
to stored into some other table. If I am not able to get hold of this
mapping stuff quickly there would be a lot of overhead while putting the
data and my puts might eventually fail.

For example :

My main table has a column, say "distance" and another column, say "units".
Now, a user wants to insert a distance value as "miles" or as "meters".
Considering "miles" as the standard unit, if a user inserts the distance in
"miles", I can put it as it is. But if the user tries to insert the
distance in "meters", I have to first find out that meters actually mean
miles and I have to put the value into the distance column after converting
it into miles.

I hope I was able to explain the problem properly ;)

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com