Avro, mail # user - Data incompatibility between Avro 1.4.1 and 1.5.4

Re: Data incompatibility between Avro 1.4.1 and 1.5.4
Scott Carey 2011-10-04, 02:12
AVRO-793 was not a bug in the encoded data or its format.  It was a bug in
how schema resolution worked for certain projection corner cases during
deserialization.

Is your data readable with the same schema that wrote it?  (for example,
if it is an avro data file, you can use avro-tools.jar to print it out
with its own schema).
If the error only occurs when you try to use a different schema to read
than it was written with, it is most likely a bug with the schema
resolution process.  If so, file a bug.  We will need to reproduce it, so
the more information you can give us about the schemas the better.  Best
would be a reproducible test case but that may not be trivial.  At minimum
the stack trace you get with 1.5.4 could be enlightening.

Thanks!

-Scott