Hive >> mail # user >> hive 0.7.1 Error: Non-Partition column appears in the partition specification

+
Павел Мезенцев 2012-11-15, 08:14
Re: hive 0.7.1 Error: Non-Partition column appears in the partition specification
when you add data to a partitioned table the partition column name in
insert statement should match the table definition

so try changing your insert query to "INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2
PARTITION (author)"
where author is the column in your table definition

Thanks,
Nitin

--
Nitin Pawar