Avro >> mail # user >> Avro and Hadoop streaming

Avro and Hadoop streaming
Greetings,

I'd like to use hadoop streaming with Avro files.
My plan is to write an inputformat class that emits json records, one
per line. This way the streaming application can read one record per
line.
(http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.15.2/streaming.html#Specifying+Other+Plugins+for+Jobs)

I couldn't find any documentation/help about writing inputformat
classes. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Miki
+
Doug Cutting 2011-06-03, 08:43
+