HBase >> mail # user >> Region Servers crashing following: "File does not exist", "Too many open files" exceptions

Re: : Region Servers crashing following: "File does not exist", "Too many open files" exceptions
Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I checked the HDFS log for error messages that
are indicative of "xciever" problems but could not find any. The settings
suggested here:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/03/hbase-hadoop-xceivers/have been
applied on our cluster.

I did a grep "File does not exist: /hbase/<table_name>/"
/var/log/hadoop-hdfs/hadoop-cmf-hdfs1-NAMENODE-big* | wc

on the namenode logs and there millions of such lines for one table only.
The count is 0 for all other tables - even though they may be reported as
inconsistent by hbchk.

It seems like this is less of a performance issue but rather some stale
"where to find what data" problem - possibly related to Zookeeper? I
remember there being some kind of procedure for clearing ZK even though I
cannot recall the steps involved.

Any further help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

/David