Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release

+
Thomas Graves 2012-11-20, 19:24
+
Tom White 2012-11-27, 12:30
+
Thomas Graves 2012-11-27, 14:51
+
Tom White 2012-11-27, 17:15
+
Jason Lowe 2012-11-26, 17:40
Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release
+1 (binding)

I built the source, ran a single-node cluster, started up HDFS and YARN,
did a few FS operations, and ran a few of the example jobs. I also verified
the signatures.

Though I don't think it necessarily warrants a new RC, I will point out
that the native code in 0.23.5 does not compile on Ubuntu, I think because
this JIRA isn't included:

You might want to include that in 0.23.6, or if you spin another RC of
0.23.5 for another reason I'd put it in there. It would've made my
evaluation/voting easier.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Thomas Graves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I've created a release candidate (RC0) for hadoop-0.23.5 that I would like
> to release.
>
> This release is a sustaining release with several important bug fixes in
> it.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~tgraves/hadoop-0.23.5-candidate-0/
> The RC tag in svn is here: