Accumulo, mail # dev - System swappiness setting warning - important enough to display when shell starts?

+
David Medinets 2012-06-07, 23:36
Re: System swappiness setting warning - important enough to display when shell starts?
William Slacum 2012-06-07, 23:41
Personally, I like that non-deal-breaking settings are kept reasonably
quiet at start up. In my dev environment I haven't run into an issue
with it on Linux and have never messed with it on OSX.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't know the impact when this setting is too high. Apparently the
> default in Ubuntu is 60. I only noticed the warning because I was
> looking at log files randomly. I'm wondering if this check is
> important enough to be done when the shell starts and to display the
> error to the console at that time.
>
> This was the message:
>
> [server.Accumulo] WARN : System swappiness setting is greater than ten
> (60) which can cause time-sensitive operations to be delayed.
> Accumulo is time sensitive b
> ecause it needs to maintain distributed lock agreement.
+
Eric Newton 2012-06-08, 01:24
+
Jim Klucar 2012-06-08, 01:31