Sqoop >> mail # dev >> Version of future alpha release of Sqoop2

Re: Version of future alpha release of Sqoop2
Hi Arvind and Cheolsoo,
thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate that. I definitely agree that we should document the versions on the wiki and I'll do it myself once it will become relevant.

I would personally incline to let the discussion when to switch from 1.99.x to 2.y open and simply upgrade number to 2.y when developers will feel it's the right time. I would personally like to see following resolved before going to 2.0.0:

* Have pretty good coverage of most important features available in sqoop 1 - import + export tools. Support export to Hive, HBase and Avro. Support incremental imports, query and table based imports. Support update based export.
* Get clear picture how metadata upgrade will be performed
* Get working oozie integration
* Have a very good test coverage in place
* Do performance tests and performance comparison with Sqoop 1
* Have some beta testing done with some adventurous users to make sure that it's both easily usable and working in pseudo production environments

Jarcec