HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: New hadoop 1.2 single node installation giving problems

+
Ashish Umrani 2013-07-23, 16:28
+
Jitendra Yadav 2013-07-23, 17:21
+
Ashish Umrani 2013-07-23, 17:28
+
Shekhar Sharma 2013-07-23, 17:31
+
Ashish Umrani 2013-07-23, 19:43
+
Shekhar Sharma 2013-07-23, 17:13
New hadoop 1.2 single node installation giving problems
Hi There,

First of all, sorry if I am asking some stupid question.  Myself being new
to the Hadoop environment , am finding it a bit difficult to figure out why
its failing

I have installed hadoop 1.2, based on instructions given in the folllowing
link
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

All went well and I could do the start-all.sh and the jps command does show
all 5 process to be present.

However when I try to do

hadoop fs -ls

I get the following error

hduser@ashish-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:/usr/local/hadoop/conf$ hadoop fs
-ls
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.

13/07/23 05:55:06 WARN conf.Configuration: bad conf file: element not
<property>
13/07/23 05:55:06 WARN conf.Configuration: bad conf file: element not
<property>
13/07/23 05:55:06 WARN conf.Configuration: bad conf file: element not
<property>
13/07/23 05:55:06 WARN conf.Configuration: bad conf file: element not
<property>
13/07/23 05:55:06 WARN conf.Configuration: bad conf file: element not
<property>
13/07/23 05:55:06 WARN conf.Configuration: bad conf file: element not
<property>
ls: Cannot access .: No such file or directory.
hduser@ashish-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:/usr/local/hadoop/conf$

Can someone help me figure out whats the issue in my installation
Regards
ashish