MapReduce >> mail # user >> hadoop-1.0.0 and errors with log.index

Re: hadoop-1.0.0 and errors with log.index
Actually, all that is telling you is that the task failed and the job-client couldn't display the logs.

Can you check the JT web-ui and see why the task failed ?

If you don't see anything there, you can try see the TaskTracker logs on the node on which the task ran.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.