Hadoop >> mail # user >> HDFS is corrupt, need to salvage the data.

Re: HDFS is corrupt, need to salvage the data.

How many Datanodes do you have.
>From the output it looks like at the point when you ran fsck, you had only one datanode connected to your NameNode. Did you have others?
Also, I see that your default replication is set to 1. Can you check if  your datanodes are up and running.
Lohit

----- Original Message ----
From: Mayuran Yogarajah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2009 5:20:37 PM
Subject: HDFS is corrupt, need to salvage the data.

Hello, it seems the HDFS in my cluster is corrupt.  This is the output from hadoop fsck:
Total size:    9196815693 B
Total dirs:    17
Total files:   157
Total blocks:  157 (avg. block size 58578443 B)
********************************
CORRUPT FILES:        157
MISSING BLOCKS:       157
MISSING SIZE:         9196815693 B
********************************
Minimally replicated blocks:   0 (0.0 %)
Over-replicated blocks:        0 (0.0 %)
Under-replicated blocks:       0 (0.0 %)
Mis-replicated blocks:         0 (0.0 %)
Default replication factor:    1
Average block replication:     0.0
Missing replicas:              0
Number of data-nodes:          1
Number of racks:               1

It seems to say that there is 1 block missing from every file that was in the cluster..

I'm not sure how to proceed so any guidance would be much appreciated.  My primary
concern is recovering the data.

thanks