Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop Security and Kerberos

Re: Hadoop Security and Kerberos
On 9/16/12 5:05 PM, Yongzhi Wang wrote:

> So my question is:
>
>  1. Is there any document comparing the security feature in each
> release of hadoop with the "Hadoop Security Design" proposed by
> Yahoo!?
>
>  2. In release 1.0.3, which component of hadoop can use Kerberos to
> leverage security? In order to use the Kerberos, how should I
> configure Hadoop?
>
> I am not very familiar with Kerberos. So if I have some
> misunderstanding, please feel free to point out.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Yongzhi

Hi Yongzhi, with regard to your item 2., you might be interested in this:

https://github.com/ekoontz/hadoop-conf

It's my attempt to understand Hadoop Security by way of getting it
working on a local environment.

-Eugene