MapReduce >> mail # user >> Problem setting up 0.23 on a Cluster

Re: Problem setting up 0.23 on a Cluster
Hi,

Here are the steps I had to do to get the `sbin/hadoop-daemons.sh stop
datanode` (note the plural daemons) work.

1. copy the hadoop-env.sh from ./share/hadoop/common/templates/conf to conf
folder.
2. Add the JAVA_HOME in hadoop-env.sh.
3. Comment the below line in hadoop-env.sh.
           export HADOOP_LOG_DIR=${HADOOP_LOG_DIR}/$USER

Still need to figure out the below problem with starting the NodeManager on
the cluster

praveensripati@praveen-laptop:~/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0$
*bin/yarn-daemons.sh
start nodemanager*
cat: ~/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/conf/slaves: No such
file or directory

Regards,
Praveen