Pig >> mail # dev >> Unit test failures

+
Rohini Palaniswamy 2012-10-15, 18:15
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-10-15, 18:25
Re: Unit test failures
I think this is an excellent idea, Rohini. We have resources to fix these
failures, so pointing them out should get them fixed. The error we've run
into is errors that are transient or related to a specific build on a
specific machine (and thus hard to replicate) vs. more serious errors. Both
should be fixed, but it's hard to do the former when you have no control
over the CI. Throw in all the false fails from clover issues or
what-have-you and we're in a bad state. Cleaning that up would be awesome.

2012/10/15 Julien Le Dem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I think this is a great idea.
> I don't think we have access to the build right now.
> Daniel seemed to know more about that.
> Julien
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Rohini Palaniswamy <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >     Quite a few unit tests are broken in trunk/0.11. Now that 0.11 is
> > branched it is more important to have them fixed and pass for stability.
> > Also we need to figure out some way to have tests not broken. But with
> the
> > time unit tests take it is difficult for everyone to run it. I think the
> > first thing to do would be to have the Apache jenkins build fixed and
> treat
> > build failures there seriously. I can help out with that if someone can
> > guide me with access, modifying jenkins scripts, etc. Any other ideas?
> >    Thinking of creating a umbrella ticket to track all current unit test
> > failures and get them fixed. Or is there some other process that we
> usually
> > follow?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rohini