HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Hive Hbase 0.94 ClassNotFoundException com.google.protobuf.Message

+
Nick maillard 2012-10-25, 15:31
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-10-25, 15:45
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-25, 15:06
Re: Hive Hbase 0.94 ClassNotFoundException com.google.protobuf.Message
Oh I meant to say protobuf, not guava. And yes that's how it should be
done. You can also set your auxpath in your hive-env so that you don't
need to keep a big command line around.

J-D

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Nick maillard
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jean-Daniel
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> Guava is already in my auxpath.
>
> I guess I have found a solution by adding protobuff to the auxpath.
>
> Basically instead of:
> ./bin/hive --auxpath
> $HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-hbase-handler-0.9.0.jar,
> $HBASE_HOME/hbase-0.94.2.jar,
> $HBASE_HOME/lib/zookeeper-3.4.3.jar,
> $HBASE_HOME/lib/guava-11.0.2.jar
>
> I have added at the end
> $HBASE_HOME/lib/protobuf-java-2.4.0a.jar at the end
>
> it works but I'm sure it's not a good way of going about this.
> Maybe I have not put something in the hive-site.xml.
> If anyone knows what I might have done wrong.

+
Nick maillard 2012-10-25, 14:52
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-10-25, 14:59