Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper/Hbase storage type on EC2

Re: Zookeeper/Hbase storage type on EC2
HBase does not keep any persistent state in ZooKeeper.

You can restart your ZK cluster one peer at a time without affecting HBase.

If you are going to bring your entire ZK cluster down, first shut down HBase. Then once ZK is started again, bring up HBase.

   - Andy