Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Rolling config change considered harmful?

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-06-14, 18:34
+
FPJ 2013-06-14, 19:07
Re: Rolling config change considered harmful?
Yes - save that I'm not sure what happens with a client when a transaction is lost. What is the error to the client? Or are you referring to internal transactions as part of the leader election?

-JZ

On Jun 14, 2013, at 12:07 PM, "FPJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not sure if this helps but here is an example:
>
> - Txn T is acknowledged by A and B (ensemble is {A, B, C})
> - Ensemble changes to {B, C, D}
> - C and D form a quorum and elect C because it has the highest zxid.
>
> C won't have T, so the txn gets lost.
>
> Does it make sense?
>
> -Flavio
+