Accumulo, mail # user - importdirectory in accumulo

+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:04
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:15
+
John Vines 2013-04-03, 18:17
Re: importdirectory in accumulo
Eric Newton 2013-04-03, 18:19
Your data needs to be in the RFile format, and more importantly it needs to
be sorted.

It's handy to use a Map/Reduce job to convert/sort your data.  See the
BulkIngestExample.

-Eric
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have some data in a text file in the following format.
>
> rowid1 columnFamily1 colQualifier1 value
> rowid1 columnFamily1 colQualifier2 value
> rowid1 columnFamily2 colQualifier1 value
> rowid2 columnFamily1 colQualifier1 value
> rowid3 columnFamily1 colQualifier1 value
>
> I want to import this data into a table in accumulo. My end goal is to
> understand how to use the BulkImport feature in accumulo. I tried to login
> to the accumulo shell as root and then run:
>
> #table mytable
> #importdirectory /home/inputDir /home/failureDir true
>
> but it didn't work. My data file was saved as data.txt in /home/inputDir.
> I tried to create the dir/file structure in hdfs and linux but neither
> worked. When trying locally, it keeps complaining about failureDir not
> existing.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: failures
>
> When trying with files on hdfs, I get no error on the console but the
> logger had the following messages:
> [tableOps.BulkImport] WARN : hdfs://node....//inputDir/data.txt does not
> have a valid extension, ignoring
>
> or,
>
> [tableOps.BulkImport] WARN : hdfs://node....//inputDir/data.txt is not a
> map file, ignoring
>

> Suggestions? Am I not setting up the job right? Thank you for help in
> advance.
>

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I have some data in a text file in the following format:
>>
>> rowid1 columnFamily colQualifier value
>> rowid1 columnFamily colQualifier value
>> rowid1 columnFamily colQualifier value

+