Zookeeper, mail # user - Best way to update node using command line

+
Nathan Findley 2013-03-22, 11:17
+
Nathan Findley 2013-03-25, 03:48
+
Alexander Shraer 2013-03-25, 06:11
+
Nathan Findley 2013-03-25, 06:22
Re: Best way to update node using command line
Alexander Shraer 2013-03-25, 07:27
yeah, it splits using spaces.
but try this:

> bin/zkCli.sh -server 127.0.0.1:2797 set /configs/collection1/nate  "test me \n here"
Alex

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Nathan Findley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 03:11 PM, Alexander Shraer wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nate,
>>
>> You can use ZooKeeper CLI.
>>
>>> bin/zkCli.sh -server <host:port>
>>
>> starts the CLI in interactive mode but if you do
>>
>>> bin/zkCli.sh -server <host:port> command args
>>
>> It will just run that one command. There is also a similar way of
>> doing it with the C cli.
>>
>> The code for the java CLI is in ZooKeeperMain.java.
>>
>> Alex

>>> Is this a poorly phrased question or am I missing something that is
>>> obvious?
>>>
>>> --
>>> CTO
>>> Zenlok株式会社
>>>
> Alex,
>
> Just to illustrate my ignorance, when using zkCli.sh I am trying to add a
> newline to the data:
>
> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 21] set /configs/collection1/nate test me \n
> here
> Command failed: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "me"
> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 22]
>
> I am doing this because I am using zookeeper + solr 4, which writes to a
> data properties file inside zookeeper that I would like to edit, but has
> more than one line.
>

> Regards,
> Nate
>
> --