HBase, mail # user - HBase client connection in application server

HBase client connection in application server
Amit Sela 2014-01-19, 10:10
I need to connect to HBase (0.94.12) from an application server - Jetty
(Felix).

Documentation says the way to go is to get HConnection with
HConnectionManager.createConnection(Configuration) use it to get table,
close table and close connection.
I also see that when creating an HConnection, a batchpool is created (lazy).

Can I use one instance of HConnection to serve all HBase client requests on
the server and close it only when the server goes down ? will it affect
performance ? go stale ? how about regions cache, if new regions are
created, do I need to create a new HConnection ?

I think it might be a good idea to add a detailed explanation about HBase
client management in the manual, maybe some best-practice advice or
something like that.

Thanks,

Amit.