Kafka >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source

+
Chris Burroughs 2012-07-26, 15:39
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-07-26, 15:40
+
Taylor Gautier 2012-07-26, 18:31
+
Joel Koshy 2012-07-26, 18:43
+
Jay Kreps 2012-07-26, 21:11
+
Jonathan Creasy 2012-07-26, 21:35
+
Joe Stein 2012-07-28, 13:50
+
Chris Burroughs 2012-07-28, 22:49
+
Derek Chen-Becker 2012-07-30, 14:04
Re: [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source
I was originally going to follow this was a [VOTE] thread, but most of
the responses are a +1 anyway.  I think we can do this and it will be a
significant improvement.  I'll follow up with INFRA this week.

We don't have to do this, or do it now.  So if anyone does have concerns
please do speak up.

On 07/26/2012 11:39 AM, Chris Burroughs wrote:
> It came up in the 0.7.2 thread that with the number of parallel branches
> git may be preferable to svn for our current and future workflow.  I'd
> like to gauge interest in possibly switching from svn to git.
>
> Currently INFRA can provide read/write git hosting at
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/.  Repository list:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf To summarise there are a few
> caveats:
>  * Support is less polished than svn, and any problems may take longer
> to fix.
>  * Someone from migrating projects ought to volunteer to assist INFRA if
> needed (I volunteer).
+
Jun Rao 2012-07-31, 16:08
+