HBase, mail # user - Enabling compression

Re: Enabling compression
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-24, 20:34
Also, if I understand it correctly, this will enable the compression
for the new put but will not compresse the actual cells already stored
right? For that, we need to run a major compaction of the table which
will rewrite all the cells and so compact them?

I'm not 100% sure about that, so it's half a comment, half a question.