From: Ravi Prakash [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 June 2013 19:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Job end notification does not always work (Hadoop 2.x)

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking more along the lines Prashant suggested i.e. a failure during init() should still trigger an attempt to notify (by the AM). But now that you mention it, maybe we would be better of including this as a YARN feature after all (specially with all the new AMs being written). We could let the NM of the AM handle the notification burden, so that the RM doesn't get unduly taxed. Thoughts?

Thanks
Ravi