Hive >> mail # dev >> HBaseSerDe

While going through some code for HBase/Hive Integration, I came across
this constructor:

public HBaseSerDe() throws SerDeException {

}

Basically, the constructor is doing nothing but throwing an exception.
Problem is fixing this now will be a non-passive change.

I couldn't really find an obvious reason for this to be there. Are there
any objections if I file a JIRA to remove this constructor?
--
Swarnim