From: Kannan Muthukkaruppan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: RPC statistics from region servers...

Gary,

With some recent restructuring of our conf/* and cluster deploy scripts, we did lose our hadoop-metrics.properties changes, and reverted back to the default one.  That could very well report the issue I ran into. I'll report back when I try it out.

Thanks again for your help on this.

Q: Why don't we make the suggested settings in http://hbase.apache.org/docs/current/metrics.html be part of the default conf/hadoop-metrics.properties?

Regards,
Kannan