Pig >> mail # user >> best way for pig and mapreduce jobs to be used interchangeably

+
Corbin Hoenes 2010-07-23, 17:15
+
Mridul Muralidharan 2010-07-25, 19:52
+
Corbin Hoenes 2010-07-28, 15:25
+
Scott Carey 2010-07-28, 17:37
Re: best way for pig and mapreduce jobs to be used interchangeably
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:37, Scott Carey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the long term, I'd like to be able to share such data between Java M/R, Hive, Pig, and Cascading relatively easily and not rely on > text formats, which have issues with delimiters/escapes, performance, and schema maintenance.

This is one of the major reason we are building Howl
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/Howl