MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845

Re: Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845
Ok. After installing protobuf 2.5.0 I can compile trunk.
But now I cannot compile Hadoop-2 branches. None of them.
So if I switch between branches I need to reinstall protobuf?

Is there a consensus about going towards protobuf 2.5.0 upgrade in ALL
versions?
I did not get definite impression there is.
If not it could be a pretty big disruption.

Thanks,
--Konst