Hadoop, mail # general - Hadoop´s Internationalization

Re: Hadoop´s Internationalization
Luke Lu 2011-07-01, 16:27
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 01/07/2011 06:44, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Do other apache projects have a good localization framework for error
>>> messages?
>>>

>> Java has very good localization capabilities. However, it is a huge
>> pervasive change if we want to get each and every user-facing string
>> localizable.

The pervasive change (using ResourceBundles or whatever to do the
mapping from a canonical string to whatever) is done only once.
i18n/l10n can then be improved incrementally by updating properties
(or whatever) files.

__Luke