HDFS >> mail # user >> namenode is failing

namenode is failing
Hi Guys,

Namenode switches into safemode when it has low disk space on the root fs /
i have to manually run a command to leave it
I have space on other partition. Can I change the path for cache files on
other partition ? I have below properties . Can it resolve the issue ? If i
change the path to other directories and restart services I get the below
error while starting the service namenode. I didn't find anything in logs
so far.  Can you please suggest something ?

  <property>
     <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-hdfs/cache/${user.name}</value>
  </property>
  <property>
     <name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-hdfs/cache/${user.name}/dfs/name</value>
  </property>
  <property>
     <name>dfs.namenode.checkpoint.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-hdfs/cache/${user.name
}/dfs/namesecondary</value>
  </property>
  <property>
Service namenode is failing

# for service in /etc/init.d/hadoop-hdfs-* ; do sudo $service status; done
Hadoop datanode is running                                 [  OK  ]
Hadoop namenode is dead and pid file exists                [FAILED]
Hadoop secondarynamenode is running                        [  OK  ]