HBase >> mail # user >> Error creating table using snappy compression

Re: Error creating table using snappy compression
There is a difference, the start-all.sh uses SSH to log into your machine to execute the hbase master start command. This means the environment is set up differently. When you run the command yourself, as you did in the latter event, the current env is used and that seems to have the proper configs in place. I have seen this issue myself, and one way to make sure it works is to log on through SSH yourself and see what the env looks like.

This is similar to .bashrc and .profile usage.

Glad to hear it works now.

Lars