Hive >> mail # user >> Cartesian product detection in the query plan?

+
David Morel 2013-01-28, 09:39
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-28, 13:29
+
David Morel 2013-01-28, 16:45
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-28, 16:58
Re: Cartesian product detection in the query plan?
On 28 Jan 2013, at 17:58, Edward Capriolo wrote:

> Currently order by is very inefficient in hive. Hopefully you can use
> sort by in most cases.

Makes complete sense, I should have thought of it sooner. Thanks a lot!

> It should be "visible" in the plan. The plan should be very different
> if you are using the ON clause vs not.  Can it be easily detected is
> another question.

Well, I guess that answers the question. Thanks again :-)

David
+
Dean Wampler 2013-01-28, 17:05