HBase >> mail # dev >> disk seek in range search

disk seek in range search
Dear fellow HBase developers,

Could someone educate me and let me know how to figure out the number of
disk seeks involved in a range search (startRow to endRow specified in
Scan). Also, could anyone give me the details of all the steps involved once
the Scan for range retrieval is called? I know somehow it needs to figure
out the regionservers used in hosting the rows but I still don't have a
clear understanding the whole steps involved :( :( Also, there is a data
index block in HFile, I was wondering how the index block is utilized in
figuring out the location of all the rows.

Thank you so much for satisfying my curiosity :)

Have a good weekend and enjoy :)

Wei Shung