Accumulo >> mail # user >> Getting the IP Address

Re: Getting the IP Address
Provided it works with /etc/hosts files, would that matter?

on my test CentOS 6.2 VM (with a host-only adapter and /etc/hosts) I
properly get my external facing local IP from hostname -i.

Before I set up /etc/hosts to have a name to ip address (and assigned the
machine its own name) hostname -i returned 127.0.0.1 (as I would expect
since the name was localhost).

This seems like it will work fine for a stand alone VM (the majority of
first time users) and for those setting up clusters without DNS.

--
Sean