MapReduce, mail # user - Re: text file to sequence file

Re: text file to sequence file
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-08, 15:52
Hello Harit,

   SequenceFile is a flat file consisting of binary key/value pairs.
Since, our data is already is in key/value format it is highly
efficient to run MapReduce jobs on these files. You can get complete
info here - http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SequenceFile/

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq