Pig, mail # user - RE: Welcome Jeff Zhang

RE: Welcome Jeff Zhang
Olga Natkovich 2009-11-30, 15:32
Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in becoming a Pig committer. We would certainly
love to have you on board.

Project committers are voted by PMC members. While there are no exact
rules, these are some of the things we look at

(1) Understanding of system philosophy, architecture and implementation.
What kinds of patches were committed on their behalf? What kind of
information they provide on the mailing lists?
(2) Understanding of the development process. How good was the quality
of the patches? How long did it take to get them into a committable
state?
(3) Attitude. How well does the person react to the feedback? How
helpful they are to others? How actively they participate in the
project?
(4) Long term goals. We would certainly like to have people that will
stay with the project for a long time.

Olga