HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: HBase Developer's Pow-wow.

+
N Keywal 2012-08-30, 07:38
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 04:25
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-30, 04:35
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 04:56
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-08-29, 18:30
+
Ted Yu 2012-08-30, 17:20
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-29, 20:06
+
Stack 2012-08-29, 20:32
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-30, 04:21
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-29, 21:43
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-08-29, 23:12
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-30, 06:12
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-30, 07:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 06:58
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-08-29, 20:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-29, 20:15
+
Lars George 2012-08-30, 22:04
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-30, 22:36
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 22:42
+
Stack 2012-08-31, 22:59
+
Stack 2012-09-03, 15:40
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-09-05, 04:18
+
Stack 2012-09-09, 22:08
+
Jesse Yates 2012-09-09, 22:11
+
lars hofhansl 2012-09-10, 22:46
+
Stack 2012-09-09, 22:21
+
Jesse Yates 2012-09-09, 22:25
+
Stack 2012-09-09, 22:44
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 03:03
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 07:03
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-10, 18:09
+
Matt Corgan 2012-09-10, 19:13
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 23:40
+
Matt Corgan 2012-09-11, 01:20
+
Jacques 2012-09-11, 04:04
Re: HBase Developer's Pow-wow.
Regarding this:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Matt Corgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) Per-region or Per-table
[...]
> 1)
> - Per-region: the index entries are stored on the same machine as the
> primary rows
> - Per-table: each index is stored in a separate table, requiring
> cross-server consistency

LarsH and I were discussing this a bit. This doesn't have to be a
choice, it could be possible to have both, a separate table for index
storage, and colocation of the index table regions and primary table
regions on the same regionserver so cross-region consistency issues
can be dealt with through low latency in-memory channels. (With
fallback to cross-server consistency mechanism when placement can't be
ideal when the cluster is out of steady state due to failure/churn.)
The master might assign primary and index regions out together as a
group.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-09-11, 04:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-09-10, 17:51
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 20:45