HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase Developer's Pow-wow.

Re: HBase Developer's Pow-wow.
Regarding this:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Matt Corgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) Per-region or Per-table
[...]
> 1)
> - Per-region: the index entries are stored on the same machine as the
> primary rows
> - Per-table: each index is stored in a separate table, requiring
> cross-server consistency

LarsH and I were discussing this a bit. This doesn't have to be a
choice, it could be possible to have both, a separate table for index
storage, and colocation of the index table regions and primary table
regions on the same regionserver so cross-region consistency issues
can be dealt with through low latency in-memory channels. (With
fallback to cross-server consistency mechanism when placement can't be
ideal when the cluster is out of steady state due to failure/churn.)
The master might assign primary and index regions out together as a
group.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)