HBase >> mail # user >> HBase 0.92.1 - triggering major compaction

HBase 0.92.1 - triggering major compaction
Hi,

 I'm having following issues with triggering manually major compaction on
selected regions via HBaseAdmin:
 1. When I'm triggering major compaction on first region, which does not
contains key, it's running normally - I see message in logs ([..]Large
Compaction requested ... Because: User-triggered major compaction;[...]) and
after some time it's executed (info in logs). Example region name:
test,,1359115210217.7315770e499a47e0598849d8702ed202.
 2. When I'm triggering major compaction on some chosen region (this one
contains a key) I see no information as before, like it would not be
triggered, although I'm not getting any errors or so. Thus, I'm not sure if
compaction which will be executed is major or rather minor. Moreover, I've
noticed that on one region which was previously (2h before) triggered for
compaction, I've received  only information about the end of compaction
(Store: Completed major compaction of 3 file(s) in data of [...]). Example
region name:
test,\x00|@\x07\x00\x00\x0A\x19,1359529282226.aa16fae842a3e3f38a6ee75dc6a2941a.
 3. How can I verify for sure that major compaction was really triggered?
I've also read on forum that since 0.92 version MC is triggered
asynchronously (is it?).
 4. Why there is no such information in logs saying that major compaction
was triggered or is rolling (logs on DEBUG at the moment)?
 5. Where can I find some detailed information about major compaction
itself?

 Some basic information:
 HBase Version: 0.92.1, r1298924
 Hadoop Version: 1.0.3, r1335192